Friday, June 19, 2009

More Rain - No More Tents

My cruise control quit working in Kansas, so after riding a few hundred miles holding the throttle. I decided to stop and have it fixed. I stopped at a shop in Washington, KS . Cowboys Motorcycle Repair.

He worked on it 2 ours with no luck, but he did let me camp in his back yard for the night. More thunder storms all night and still raining in the morning.

I met another rider at the shop who was also a truck driver that hauled into So. Cal. The picture is of James and Carol on his chopper.


Sunday it was raining when I got to St. Joseph, MO. and the NASCAR race was going to be on TV so I went into a motel. The first thing was a nice long soak in a tub of hot water. You can't imagine how good that felt after sleeping on the hard cold ground for 6 nights They let me park under the canopy so I didn't even have to cover the bike. It was a super good race, with a real unusual ending. The first 2 lead cars ran out of gas on the last lap with Mark Martin the 3rd place car winning the race.



I have been stopping at all my favorite restaurants, Cracker Barrel, Pizza Hut, Bob Evans.

I have been stopping at motels since last Sunday. That one night spoiled me. I have been using the Super 8 motels, but Thursday night I stayed in a Motel 6. It is not near as nice as Super 8, but was a lot cheaper.


Last night right afer I checked in, 3 Honda Goldwings pulled in and they were all pulling trailers. Not the camping type, these were for hauling their luggage. You ought to see what they pulled out of those trailers, everything but the kitchen sink. Talk about spoiled.


I hope everyone is having a good summer.

3 comments:

Barbara and Ron said...

We're really glad to read your updates. You're moving a lot faster than I expected. Nobody said you had to stay in a tent on your bike trip across America. You go, boy!

sally said...

Enjoying your updates. Glad you finally came to your senses and started staying in motels!!!

onthemove said...

Love to hear of your travels. Glad you decided to try the motels. Stay safe. Hugs....Donna