Sunday, October 11, 2009

My summer in Lanesborough

This summer I was happy to be able to see and spend time with so many members of my family. Birthdays were always a reason to celebrate.








I made "Whoopee Pies for one of the many family birthday parties that I went to. They were delicious, and disappeared fast once the lid was taken of the pan. I imagine I will have to make them for my friends back in the West this winter.

Some if my favorite places to eat here.

Hami's is a great place to eat and they have lobster.




This ice cream with blue berry sauce was courtesy of my brother and sister-in-law in East Brookfield, MA. My baby brother. (Yummmmmm!!)




We had our share of rain while I was there and I think they set some new records. July and August were real wet and we didn't get the hayfield mowed until the first of September. Usually it is mowed around the first week in July and then we get a second cutting in September.
The last 2 weeks I spent cutting firewood and piling brush.






I am leaving the 25th for the Loners on Wheels 40th anniversary rally in Goshen, IN. where I will get to see a lot of my RVing friends again.

I really enjoyed my summer back in Lanesborough,MA. with my family and friends, but can't wait to get back to the West and my motorhome.

2 comments:

Barbara and Ron said...

Welcome back. Love reading about your adventures.

sally said...

I want a Whoopee Cake!!