Thursday, August 6, 2009

Wet July in Lanesborough, Part II

The first 3 pictures are of birds I took out of my sister-in-laws kitchen window. A blue jay, canary and cardinal.



The baby birds came out of a nest but couldn't fly. The mother came and got one of them, but the other died.

A cotton tail rabbit wanted his picture taken.

My friend Jan and her daughter Kaitlyn, on Kaitlyn's 20th birthday. We had cake and ice cream.

Our 6 family tag sale at my nephew's place on Rte #7 in Lanesborough, MA.

Pownal,VT. tractor pull, pulling a wheelie. Even the kids get in on the act.



At the Hinsdale,MA. Fireman's muster. The different fire departments compete against each other. They have timed events.



We had 12 inches of rain in July and the farm was real wet. The animals didn't seem to mind though.



It's a good thing my Motorhome wasn't parked on the other side of this creek. My usual parking space is all marshy.

2 comments:

carol g said...

My son has been calling daily with rain stories. He also sent pictures of the parking lot at Wahconah Park (now called Wahconah Lake). I used to work at Tahiti Takeout right at the entrance of the park. My ex was on the Bisselvilled Muster Team (a small part of Hinsdale)back in the mid 70's. We lived on Plunket Ave in Hinsdale back then.

Thanks again for sharing your journey.

carol g said...

Now that I look at your pictures again... I think Jan and I worked at Tahiti Takeout at the same time. Not sure but she looks really familiar.