Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Summertime in Lanesborough

I walk up to the farm every morning at 6:00 am. A lot of you already know my walking schedule. It hasn't changed in 23 years.

The 3 steers are there to welcome me, and some times I bring carrots for the donkeys and horses.


Maggie and Penny's favorite place is in the shed, and Penny is usually laying down. She is a brat.

The one steer was playing peekaboo with me, looking through the branches.


We have had one campfire so far at my brother Donny's and tried to have another one Saturday night but it started to rain so every body ran for cover. I ran to my nephew's and watched the NASCAR race on his new 47 inch flat screen TV.



I took some pictures of some of my neighbors houses. Some are really nice.





This is the truck I used to drive once in a while when I was back here. A friend of mine owns a paving business and I would help him out if he got in a bind. My brother drives for him summers, then goes to Florida for the winter.


This is my sister-in -law Patty at the order window of a popular fast food place in North Adams,MA.
A herd of goats that I walk by in the morning.

This is the Old Stone School that my wife and a lot of my friends attended in the late 30's. It was a one room school and had an outhouse out back. ( It's still there).

The 4thof July parade was great. I'll put pictures in my next blog.

1 comment:

Barbara and Ron said...

You really do a great job on this blog. I hope you'll continue even when you get back west. (Patty looks great!)