Tuesday, July 14, 2009

4th of July Parade

I went to the Pittsfield, MA 4th of July parade and it was a good one. The black clouds started to form and we got a few sprinkles, but the rain held off long enough to get the parade in.

They had a 5k run before the parade with approximately three hundred runners.

The parade lasted 2 hours with many marching bands, fire departments, floats, old cars, clowns and of course the Shriners with their little buggies. The Adams, MA. fire department looked good in their long coat uniforms, and the old fire apparatus was outstanding.












They had to pull the balloons down in order to clear the signal lights.











This parade is billed as the 6th largest in the nation, with bands and fire companies coming from New York, Connecticut, Vermont and some as far as Maryland.

3 comments:

Barbara and Ron said...

Why don't those bands and fire companies stay home and be in their own parades? Great pictures. I especially love the ones of the horse going under the traffic lights.

carol g said...

I found your blog when I googled "Pittsfield, MA July 4th parard". Thank you for posting these pictures. I was raised in Pittsfield. Infact, I lived there until 2001. I miss Pittsfield a lot this time of year... especially since my son and grandkids still live there. I don't miss the winter at all.

Thanks again for all this about the Berkshires.

carol g said...

I was so excited... couldn't even spell PARADE correctly.